Dear Member of Vincent’s,
Unbelievably December is upon us. Only eight shopping days to Vincent’s dinner!
1) This is your last chance to book for theClub’s Annual Dinner on December 9th .
It will be a splendid evening with Ian Ritchie (1972, Trinity) as dinner Chairman (RFU Chief Executive and mastermind of the 2015 World Cup) and sports broadcaster Andrew Cotter as our guest speaker.
The Black tie dinner is at the Sheraton Park Lane Hotel, Piccadilly, London W1J, 7.30 for 8.00pm. Tickets are £90, or £75 for current students, and those over 65 who would like to take up this concession.
2) It is also your last chance to purchase tickets for the Blues Village at the Rugby Varsity match (Dec. 10th) through the Club.
Tickets are just £47.00 each including a match ticket (£40.00) on the halfway line in the West Stand. The Blues Village is open from 11am to 7pm, is heated throughout the day,
has dedicated bars serving Greene King ales and Pol Roger Champagne, a carvery serving breakfast from 11am, and TVs showing the Women’s Varsity Match at 11.30am.
It is a great place to meet old friends alongside Blues rugby legends, and the Oxford team (after the game). You can also book car parking in the West Car Park, by The Blues Village, at £30. Please make your reservations by emailing V150admin@vincents.org
3) For those living in or near Oxford, who would prefer to watch the match in more comfort, why not visit the Club on Thursday 10th to use the bar, have lunch, and watch the Varsity match on TV.
The Club will be open from 12 noon throughout the day.
4) You are invited to attend the Vincent’s Christmas dinner for alumni and resident members on Thursday 17th December (10th Week) Chef has prepared an excellent menu from which you can choose (orders in advance) for only £30 p.p. A wine and port package is available in addition for an extra £10 p.p. or you can purchase your own drinks from the bar. The Club will be open from 6pm onwards with dinner at 7.30pm.
See attached booking form for the menu and how to reserve your places.
5) Hilary term 2016 begins on January 11th , (0th Week). Don’t forget the usual 0th Week Alumni Members Wed. lunch on January 13th. Open to all from 12 noon. Book with the General Manager.
6) On January 28th we are honoured to welcome the Club’s Hon. Life Chairman, Lord Butler, (Univ. Club President 1961-2) for our second Speaker’s Dinner.
Following a three course dinner Robin Butler will speak over coffee on “Life with 5 Prime Ministers” and answer questions. The Club opens at 6.30pm and dinner will start promptly at 7.15pm.
The cost of dinner is £25 p.p. and drinks may be purchased from the bar.
Please see the attached booking form for more details.
7) The excellent Club History: “Vincent’s: 1863-2013”makes the perfect Christmas stocking filler. If you have not already purchased one why not give the attached order form to your nearest and dearest as a heavy hint! Only £20 incl. P&P for the UK, £25 overseas.
I do hope that we will see you at one or more event. Details are also on the website.
With very best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
1A King Edward’s Street,
The excellent Club History: “Vincent’s: 1863-2013” may be ordered from the administrator.